South Seventh Street Stores
Shelly Design Center Parking Lot
1 South 7th Street
There were five storefronts next to the Union Hotel on S. 7th Street, across from the Train Station.
- Yeakel Jewelry was located at 11 S. 7th.
- Skinny Groff was the barber for many years at 13 S. 7th Street.
- The J Paul Bergey and later Edward Mc Keever Insurance agency was located at 15 S. 7th Street.
- Edward Apfelbaum had a store at 17 S. 7th that sold ladies and children’s clothing. Later Perkasie News agency occupied this storefront.
- 19 S. 7th were House of Lambert, Smith’s, and Beasley’s Restaurants.
The stores were demolished in 1968 as part of the urban renewal project. Today the site of the stores is the Shelly Design Center parking lot.
Reference Perkasie Historical Society archives