Shelly Design Center Parking Lot
7th and Chestnut Streets
The Perkasie Hotel was constructed in 1872 for John Harr at the corner of 7th and Chestnut Streets. The name was later changed to Union Hotel as the property changed ownership. A fire in 1890 destroyed the livery stable but spared the hotel building.
Two generations of the Meyers family (David and Oscar) owned the hotel for forty years. In 1910, the first floor had a kitchen, large dining room, and three waiting rooms that could be combined into a single room. On the second and third floors were 32 hotel rooms.
James Heller was the last owner of the hotel when it was demolished in 1968 as part of the urban renewal project.