Monroe Gabel Home
Municipal Parking Lot
601 - 603 West Chestnut Street
Monroe Gabel constructed a frame home at the corner of 6th and Chestnut Streets in 1881. At one time, Mr. Gabel manufactured cigars at this property.
Local pharmacist, Harry Neamand moved his pharmacy and residence into the building in 1936. A few years later the property was sold to Woodrow Groff who also lived and operated Groff’s Pharmacy at this address.
A fish market owned by J. Gordon Strohm was located here from the early 1950’s until the property was sold to Perkasie Borough.
The house was demolished in 1956 for a parking lot for the adjoining Perkasie Borough Hall (now QNB Bank).
Reference Perkasie Historical Society archives