Hendricks - Herstine Building now Treasure Trove
4-6 South 7th Street
Image courtesy Perkasie Park: 1903 Perkasie Park Souvenir book
Rick Doll image
Samuel Hager built this building in 1856 as a woolen mill.
In 1869 Joseph A. Hendricks purchased the property and opened a general store. The first railroad tickets were sold here. Perkasie’s first post office was located in the building. Over the years the building was the location of Bissey and Baringer Store, Benner & Fluck grocery, Sterners Pharmacy, Herstine Shoes, Fretz Shoes.
At the time of the 1988 fire the Treasure Trove, Cheryl Gilbert Hair Salon and Come Travel were located here.
Today, the building houses the Treasure Trove and Curzon Chiropractic Clinic. It is the oldest commercial building in the original part of Perkasie.
Reference Perkasie Historical Society archives