Tobias Bissey House
St. Stephen's Parking Lot
613 Arch Street
A brick home was constructed circa 1895 for Tobias Bissey, a buyer for the J.A. Hendricks Store. The ten-room house had many of architect Milton Bean’s design characteristics. The Bissey’s occupied the house for only a few years.
The Cope family, beginning with Milton Cope and later his son Raymond, lived in the home for over 50 years. They were the owners of Cope’s Music House located next door at 615 Arch Street. The Cope’s also operated Cope’s Confectionary and an ice cream business from their home.
After the death of Raymond Cope, his widow sold the property in 1967 to St Stephens Church. The house was later demolished to enlarge the church parking lot.
Reference Perkasie Historical Society archives