523 Vine Street
In 1933, Frank Benner constructed a milk house at the back of his property at 523 Vine Street. He would purchase milk from local farmers, process and bottle it, then deliver it to homes around town.
In 1948, shortly after Frank Benner Jr. took over the business from his father, the dairy stopped bottling milk after it was deemed too costly to continue washing bottles. Without bottling capability, Benner made an agreement with Rosenberger’s Dairy to buy their milk in bulk and distribute it to his customers. The Benner Dairy arrangement lasted until 1963 when the business was sold to Rosenberger’s Dairy.
Today the property is a private residence and the former milkhouse is used as a garage.
Reference Perkasie Historical Society archives