Benfield Mill
624 Walnut Street
Images from the Perkasie Historical Society Collection and Rick Doll
This property is recognized back to the late 1700’s and into the 1800’s as a mill. The South Perkasie Flour and Feed Mill was owned by James N. Savage. Claude E. Benfield purchased the mill 1919. An addition was added to the mill in 1927, another flour mill was added in 1930, and a grain storage bin was added In 1945. The name of the business changed to C.E. Benfield Co. Inc in 1948-1970’s. This building was converted into condominiums which are still in operation today. A few of the signage on the building were restored by the residents
Reference Perkasie Historical Society archives
This property is recognized back to the late 1700’s and into the 1800’s as a mill. The South Perkasie Flour and Feed Mill was owned by James N. Savage. Claude E. Benfield purchased the mill 1919. An addition was added to the mill in 1927, another flour mill was added in 1930, and a grain storage bin was added In 1945. The name of the business changed to C.E. Benfield Co. Inc in 1948-1970’s. This building was converted into condominiums which are still in operation today. A few of the signage on the building were restored by the residents
Reference Perkasie Historical Society archives
