1832 South Perkasie Covered Bridge
Walnut Street near Constitution Ave in Lenape Park
Constructed in 1832, it is the oldest bridge in Bucks County, It was known as the Bridgetown Covered Bridge and was built, as a means of transportation across Pleasant Spring Creek. The 93 foot long bridge is constructed of oak and white pine.
The South Perkasie Covered Bridge was originally located on Main Street spanning the Pleasant Spring Creek and was moved, by the Perkasie Historical Society to the park in 1958. It took eight days to move the bridge a distance of one mile.
The bridge bears the sign; "$5.00 fine for any person riding or driving over this bridge faster than a walk or smoking segars on.'
Reference Perkasie Historical Society archives